For players U6-U9—Training with Optional Games
Program runs from November 12 to February 18
Our Junior Futsal Program emphasizes developmental skills and tactical training in an environment that promotes learning and fun. Children are placed in groups with similarly skilled players in order to maximize their development.
Players in these years are in the “golden age” of development. The appropriate training program can have a tremendous impact on the future success of a player and his or her passion for the game. Players at these ages begin to mature and take on a personality and style of play of their own.
The Junior Futsal Program will provide challenging technical drills, games, and exercises in order to increase confidence and enhance foot skills of advanced junior players. Drills will build upon the fundamentals of dribbling, shooting, and passing in a fast-paced format. The program will build the foundation for teaching tactical components that will improve player understanding of the game.
Principles of Age-Appropriate Development
Our Junior Futsal Program implements basic principles of human development. Children at these ages love to “play.” Therefore, most training sessions will incorporate fun and creative games into the training plan. Other principles that will be followed include:
- Players spend as much time as possible with a ball at their feet and have the opportunity to experiment by themselves;
- Players are given the opportunity to build relationships with other players and develop a sense of team-work by being given a variety of responsibilities on the court.
- Basic motor skills like walking, running, jumping, changing direction, etc. have to be combined with ball handling and ball control.
- Players are beginning to have a special ability to learn. Therefore, this is the right age to work on soccer specific techniques and skills. Developing good technique is critical at this age.
- 1v1 and 2v1 attacking and defending situations are important to develop individual skills as well as the passing techniques necessary to develop a team game.
- Small-sided games are used to develop basic attacking and defensive principles.
Program Benefits and Cost
Basic Training Package (U10-U17): $300
- Training sessions (1 hour each) on Thursday nights from November 12 to February 18 (major holidays excepted).
- Tournaments and League Games possible (extra fee per player)
Location: All trainings will occur at the Sportszone, 7 A St., Derry NH.
Evaluations: On the first night of training (Thursday, Nov. 12), coaches will evaluate players and place them in their training groups.
Registration: Click <link—here> to register for the Junior Futsal Program.
Before your register! Please read these important instructions.
Note that there are two steps to the online registration process. You will be asked to fill out the same form twice: the first form is for FutsalNH to secure your child’s spot in the program; the second form is for the U.S. Youth Futsal waiver, which must be completed before your child can participate in the program.
Step 1: This two-page form is the online registration form for FutsalNH’s program. At the end of the form, you will be asked to make a payment for the program. You have the option to make either a half payment or a full payment. If you choose to make a half payment, you will be required to pay the other half of the registration fee by January 1, 2016. Whether you make a half payment or a full payment, you are required to pay online with a credit card unless you have made prior arrangements with our administrator, Elizabeth Dubrulle. Please contact Elizabeth if you need to make such an arrangement.
Step 2: Once you complete the form and submit your payment, you will be prompted to follow a link that will take you to a nearly identical online form. You must fill out this form again to complete the mandatory USYF waiver, including payment of an online fee of $10.50 by credit card, which goes to USYF. All players must complete the online waiver and pay the $10.50 fee to U.S. Youth Futsal. Once paid, this USYF fee will provide the player with USYF coverage until July 31, 2016, which is applicable for any and all USYF affliated events, including league play, tournaments, training, clinics, camps, and I.D. events.
Please be very careful that your child’s first name, last name, and birthdate are identical on both forms. In other words, Benjamin Smith cannot register as “Ben Smith” on one form and “Benjamin Smith” on the other. The registration system will not match up the two registrations, and we will not have any record of your having completed the waiver. FutsalNH staff is unable to change or correct any information on the USYF waiver, so if you fill the form out incorrectly and the registration system does not recognize your waiver, you will need to complete the form again and pay the fee a second time. USYF does not provide refunds!