According to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America:
"The NSCAA recommends 5 v. 5 for a variety of reasons:
It is the smallest number of players that still allows for three passing directions: forward, sideways and backward. This is important because soccer is a three-directional game.
It is the smallest number of players that gives us positional play: goalkeeper, backs, midfielders and forwards.
It keeps all players involved throughout the game by putting them under pressure for the entire game. There is nowhere to hide in 5 v. 5 play - the players are forced to be actively engaged the whole time."
The benefits are clear:
- Field players get more meaningful touches, as players are under constant pressure
- Players have more chances to develop finishing skills, needing to beat a goalie to score
- Goalies get more opportunities to defend and then distribute the ball than in an entire season of full sided soccer
- Accepted worldwide as the most effective game for developing youth players
- The national youth game of Brazil, credited with creating the highest number of international superstars from one country
- The Format Promoted by Europe's top youth soccer scholars, and implemented in the European professional youth academies
**NOTE: GAMES WILL BE PLAYED ON SELECT FRIDAY EVENINGS.
**DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED.**
Central Virginia Futsal
Schedules will be posted on a week before event begins. Please click on the link below.